The semiconductor industry has never faced a more tumultuous and exciting time than now. Competition, innovations, and geopolitics are forcing tectonic shifts in the industry landscape. These shifts have put a spotlight on RISC-V from multiple vantage points that highlight its emerging importance. While it is still early days, SiFive has been at the forefront of advancing the RISC-V agenda and bringing it to the mainstream. The company’s founders are the founders of the open semiconductor standard. How are they approaching an incredibly dynamic market and fast-changing industry?
- What is the state of the RISC-V nation? – James provides an overview of RISC-V, its origins, its history and its current state of evolution and development.
- What are the current opportunities for RISC-V to advance? – We discuss how today’s dynamic industry environment and technology trends are creating opportunities for RISC-V to be considered as a viable and even compelling option to incumbent semiconductor technologies.
- What are the challenges facing RISC-V? – We discuss the gaps that the RISC-V community is working on to bring the technology up to a level that will be competitive with incumbent semiconductor technologies.
- What does the ”ecosystem” have to do to prosper & grow? – We discuss the specific plays that the RISC-V community needs to make in the near and medium terms to build momentum for the adoption of the technology.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s semiconductor industry research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2021 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Tech Insight: RISC-V
- Industry Insight: Will Blacklisting SMIC Slow China’s Advance toward Silicon Self-Reliance and 5G Leadership?
- Tech Insight: Heterogenous Computing
- Tech Insight: Apple Silicon
Managing Director, neXt Curve
April 26, 2021
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2021 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.
If you would like our research articles and blog posts emailed to you, please subscribe with your email address below.