Facebook’s recent investment and partnership with Jio Platforms was met with a great deal of media and industry excitement. This move was widely touted as a coming of age of Digital India. The largest US tech companies such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft are looking to expand their global fortunes in the new digital economic frontier that is India with its 1.32 billion large consumer market. What is really at stake here and what does it mean in the broader context of India’s economic digitization?
neXt Curve is joined by Prakash Sangam, founder and principal analyst of Tantra Analyst to explore the following topics regarding the context and implications of Facebook’s recent effort to secure their place in India’s digital future:
- India’s Digital Transformation – What are India’s emerging priorities for digitally transforming its economy and advancing industries for the second largest population in the world?
- The Facebook/Jio Platforms Collaboration: a Different Angle – What is the Facebook deal really about? Is it about reinventing the telecommunications market and industry in India or more?
- Going Beyond the Dumb Pipe – What are the adjacent market opportunities that will enable Indian operators to create new revenue opportunities on top of bread-and-butter communication services?
- The Steep Hill to Climb – Succeeding in India – What are the unique nuances of the Indian market that have challenged the likes of Facebook and the many foreign tech companies that will follow looking to stake a claim in India’s rapidly digitizing economy.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s Telco Transformation research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2020 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Facebook’s Reliance Jio investments gives it the front seat to Indian digital transformation – Prakash Sangam, Tantra Analyst
- Market Insight: The Fight for 5G Superiority will be Fought in the Cloud
- The Democratization of 5G Everything
- The Future of Cloud
- Digital Reinvention – Part 1: What Makes Digital Reinvention Different?
- Digital Reinvention: Part 2 – How Do Organizations Get Ready for Digital Reinvention?
- Digital Reinvention – Part 3 : What Comes After Digital Reinvention?
Managing Director, neXt Curve
Founder and Principal Analyst
June 25, 2020
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2020 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.
I just really wanted to say you have quite an amazing blog here. The way you write your articles makes it so easy for users to resonate. I must say, I am really impressed. I too am a blogger and I know the kind of work you have to put into an article to make it this amazing. I really do hope you can take a second to check out my website @ Facebook most Recent (https://www.makeoverarena.com/facebook-most-recent/)