When the FCC held the first auction of CBRS (Citizens Band Radio Service), it raised hopes that novel neutral host models will emerge that improve the economics of indoor cellular networks and bring some of the promise of 5G into venues of all sizes. What is the neutral host opportunity presented by CBRS and what are the economic considerations for the business of establishing and running a neutral host network.
- What is CBRS and what makes it interesting? – In July of 2020, the FCC began the auction of the long-awaited CBRS spectrum. A tremendous amount of fanfare preceded the first round as US operators upped the demand for midband spectrum. We discuss the hope and excitement that shrouds CBRS today.
- What is a neutral host (NH) and the CBRS NH opportunity? – Share spectrum presents and opportunity for service providers to provide neutral host solutions that have the potential to dramatically improve the economics of in-door connectivity for mobile network operators who are investing billions in their 5G transformation. We discuss the neutral host opportunity that is CBRS.
- What are the neutral host business and deployment models? – We go over the archetypical deployment models and the associated business model considerations for running a neutral host network.
- How do you size your neutral host opportunity and TCO? – Alex Besen outlines the taxonomy for sizing your neutral host opportunity and the key inputs into determining the total cost of ownership of a neutral host network based on an estimation framework and tool developed by The Besen Group, LLC.
If you are interested in licensing The Besen Group’s CBRS TCO Tool for Neutral Host Networks, send your request by email to email@example.com.
Provide the following promotional code: Next2021
The video webcast is available on the neXt Curve reThink YouTube channel. Click here to view the video.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s 5G & IoT End Markets research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2021 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- 5G: The Opportunity for the Emerging Markets to Drive Innovation
- Industry Insight: Placing 5G Bets in Innovation
- Untethering the Live Music Experience with 5G
- Tech Insight: Debunking 5G Myths & Hype
- 5G: The Carrier-Grade Digital Infrastructure for the Software-Defined Factory of the Future
Managing Director, neXt Curve
Founder & CEO, The Besen Group, LLC
April 8, 2021
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2021 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.
If you would like our research articles and blog posts emailed to you, please subscribe with your email address below.