For the foreseeable future, we will be challenged with the daunting task of updating our regulatory policies and measures to effectively keep individuals safe as digital technologies continuously create new avenues for dubious actors to impact our personal lives as well as our national security. In this episode, we discuss the myriad of issues that are contributing to a global crisis in trust & privacy that threaten to upend our societies, our economies and our individual rights.
- The Solar Wind hack – How could it have happened? – While the industry and governments were focused on the perceived security threats posed by hardware sourced from an untrustworthy supply chain, one of the largest security breaches in history occurred through a compromised software supply chain. We share perspectives on what went wrong and the important mindset shifts we need to make as we look forward to an increasingly untrustworthy and insecure digital future.
- Clubhouse – Scaling on top of your contact list – It’s the new social platform on the block that is generating a lot of buzz. As this new voice-oriented social network scales, we are reminded of how so many social media platforms have scaled; through our contact lists. We examine this practice and the question of personal data in a contact list? Is it ours to share?
- Apple’s privacy first versus Facebook’s advertiser first – A war of words has emerged as Facebook responds to Apple’s privacy first features that are poised to go live with iOS 14.5. Debbie provides a concise and definitive assessment of who will win this fight.
- Antitrust and privacy – Why are we dazed and confused? – The “Big Tech” companies continue to be hounded by regulators and governments around the world for a wide range of privacy and antitrust related concerns. We discuss the persistent confusions and conflations that plague the discourse that is “Big Tech”.
The video webcast is available on the neXt Curve reThink YouTube channel. Click here to view the video.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s holistic trust & security research themes contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2021 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Tech Insight: Trust Platforms & Solutions
- Industry Insight: Data Privacy
- Industry Insight: Holistic Security is Key to Meet the Digital Security Threats of Today & Tomorrow
- Industry Insight: Apple Ushers in The Next Big Thing in Device Security & Privacy – eSIM
- Industry Insight: Another Intel Security Flaw? How This Foreshadows Delays for 5G.
- Contextually-Aware Mobile Security as a Service: The Key to IoT Security and GDPR Compliance & Readiness with Blockchain
Managing Director, neXt Curve
Founder and CEO, Debbie Reynolds Consulting LLC
February 25, 2021
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2021 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.
If you would like our research articles and blog posts emailed to you, please subscribe with your email address below.