The semiconductor industry is the foundation of our digital world. Everything runs on semiconductor products and continues to advance with each new process node. As we reach the physical limits of Moore’s Law, what comes next? Heterogenous computing and heterogenous packaging are opening up new possibilities for progressing Moore’s Law through advancements in the way that we design, integrate semiconductor devices and systems.
neXt Curve is joined by Jim Walker, founder and principal analyst of WLP Concepts to explore the following topics:
- What are heterogeneous computing and heterogeneous packaging/integration? – We discuss what the excitement is about heterogenous computing and the relationship it has with an equally important heterogenous packaging and integration. What do these semiconductor technology trends mean and what are their implications on the semiconductor and electronics industries?
- What are the key design trends and technologies that are driving heterogenous computing? – We delve into the trends that are making heterogenous computing the buzzword that it is becoming today in the industry as well as the new technologies that are enabling new design methods and architectures that are shaping the way electronic devices are engineered today and will be in the future.
- What are the implications of the heterogeneous computing and packaging trends on the semiconductor industry? – We discuss how heterogeneous computing and heterogenous packaging are changing the economics of the semiconductor supply chain and impacting design decisions across device categories.
For more insights on neXt Curve’s semiconductor technology and end market research contact us for a detailed briefing with one of our analysts. Follow our site to get updates and notifications of our research and our 2020 research agenda.
Related Content & Media
- Industry Insight: Nvidia + Arm – An Industry Positive or Negative?
- Industry Insight: Qualcomm Ushers in the Year of Standalone 5G NR and 5nm with Snapdragon X60
- Industry Insight: Apple Silicon
- Industry Insight: Apple’s China Problem
Managing Director, neXt Curve
Research Fellow, neXt Curve
CEO, WLP Concepts
August 14, 2020
This material may not be copied, reproduced, or modified in whole or in part for any purpose except with express written permission or license from an authorized representative of neXt Curve. In addition to such written permission or license to copy, reproduce, or modify this document in whole or part, an acknowledgement of the authors of the document and all applicable portions of the copyright notice must be clearly referenced.
© 2020 neXt Curve. All rights reserved.